thegreatbeyond
Slightly better than a 6-month old PEZ!

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

FINAL FANTASY THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic���This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> RPG Games!
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kyrie
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 4:46 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played 8 and 10 myself (well, a little of 7, but not much!), but I worship them. lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilkitri
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:44 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, we must always remember that L1, L2 and L3 are actually SaGa games with the Final Fantasy added to make people buy them, as with FFA which is actually the prequel to Secret of Mana.
Kyrie
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:28 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

um?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:15 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

no FFL 1 was the prequel to Secret of Mana, which was a rockin game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Twilkitri
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:21 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

No....

Final Fantasy Adventure was the prequel to SOM.
Final Fantasy Legend 1, Legend 2, and Legend 3 were all in the SaGa series.
Trust me.
Or, go here:
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/games.html
and look under the SaGa and Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana) sections.

Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:33 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Chromus lied!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kyrie
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:03 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lost. Let's start again. *ahem*:
Hi, I'm Kyrie. I like Final Fantasy 8. Not only is it the awesomest, but it's the only Final Fantasy with Zell Dincht in it. That alone makes it awesome. Fortunately, it also had other things to make it more awesomer. The end.
Twilkitri
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 5:09 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, put it this way: FF8 is _not_ the best. FF4 or FF9 is. FFMQ, L2 and L3 are pretty good too. FF8 is _not_ fantasy and is undeserving of the FF moniker, as is FF7.

It's funny. The original was called 'Final Fantasy' because the company was almost bankrupt and they thought it would be the last game they'd ever make.

Kyrie
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 4:44 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, really? Thats funny.
Anyways, FF8 is the bets in my opinion. My leave my bubble world and I alone! *pouts*
Kamui
Pez-Worshipper
Pez-Worshipper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 1:43 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok kyrie.... You say that 8 is better than 9 and you haven't even played it yet... You must be hurt... Anyways... That'll be all for now... ::Glares at kyrie::
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 9:44 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't glare at her like that. It's creepy.
Kamui
Pez-Worshipper
Pez-Worshipper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:28 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

::continues to glare at kyrie:: then tell her to stop spoutin that 8 is the best when she hasn't played them all, and to not attack the opinion of someone who's played most of them.

Ooooooooo... Something shiney! ::pounces on a quarter:: ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raziel
What's a Pez?
What's a Pez?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:04 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

NO! 7 is the best 9 is the worst 8 is the 2nd best 10 is the 3rd best. Reasons being...

-In 9 the plot was not fully developed (ending boss) and it spent too long and Char. development
-in 10 they also spent too much at Char. Development. Voice acting was fine, however, the fact that they never say Tidus' name brings it down.
-in 8 the plot was not elaborate, though it covers it up well with good charechters and great gameplay
-in 7 the plot was elaborate, char. development was not the best, nor where grahics. but it makes up for everything in gameplay, side quests, and plot.
-6... the plot was good, but there are so many char. there is NO chareter development and gameplay is repetive.

God
-Xenogears
beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:59 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

so 9 was rushed...sue them.

and 10. i'm sure you would have loved what a voice syntheesizer wouldve done the game....of course they don't say his name. you can name him. unless you want "hello *synthesizer* tetnis */synthesizer*"...the point is, synthesizer are just bad....and 10 belongs on no ff top lists. its too easy. *gets to last boss*....i think you killed him with your stare....and just in case you cant do that, auto-life! and more auto-life! some ppl say the guy before him is tough. thats not true either.

8...rinoa and squall....inserted in random places. kinda like star wars episode 2. gee...devoloper: story, story, story, story...oh, we need to put more of that love cr*p in....story, story, story, story, love, story.....
zell and selphie would make a much better couple. no, i'm serious.

ff7s character development was good. it was so good, you didnt notice it. that's how it should be. unlike 8's randomly interjected character development. its a smooth process that gives you understanding. of course there are some random interjections in 7 to. graphics werent the best cuz it was the first one for sony, didnt know how much they could do
Raziel
What's a Pez?
What's a Pez?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:06 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have a diffrent way of looking at it...
7 your right on
10... maybe
8 i dont think so the love story will NOT be compared to star wars 2 cause that one just was ...abomibal. And dont say Selhpie and Zell would be better, you'll make kyrie mad

God
-Xenogears
Post new topic���This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> RPG Games! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: