Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Yahoo
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
G byrd
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:53 pm� �Post subject: Yahoo Reply with quote

I recently checked in my yahoo account and too my surprise, Yahoo had done somthing i wouldn't expect. Yahoo changed all space to 100 mb from the simple 6mb and i was like WOW! then after the maximum attachment limit was taken from 500 kb*i think* to 10 MB which is amazing. And at the best price, FREE. Sign up if your e-mail gets clogged alot.
beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:27 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

This is in response to G-mail and spymac.com, both of which will soon offer 1GB of storage for your e-mails(spymac already does, gmail will soon, hopefully) ...of course, i just use my account here...where i set the limits >Very Happy
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:52 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Vw00t
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:35 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

GMail already has the 1 GB limit for e-mails. I've been using it for a while, and the reason I use it over TGB (or any of my other e-mails, for that matter) is the advanced searching ability that comes with it.
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:36 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatBeyond obviously has the best e-mail around! So few names are taken, so practically any name is available! And not to mention the "unlimited" space we get! Therefore, TGB > Everything!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:00 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmail is just in selective beta...you can't just go and say 'oh hey, that sounds cool. sign me up.' . and when i say 'unlimited' i mean limited by my account on the server... Razz but you gotta love the spam filter >.>
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:01 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but 1 GB of e-mail is good enough for me. The spam filtering, message threading, and message searching make it great.
Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:50 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

but can you use outlook express with it?
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:31 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for now. In order for Outlook Express (or most other e-mail clients, for that matter) to work with GMail, GMail would need to offer either POP3 or IMAP access. Since the whole principle of using GMail is that you have 1 GB of storage, message threading, and message searching (all of these benefits disappear when you use your own client), GMail sounds like it will stay web-only for now.
ayana
Kawaii akujin
Kawaii akujin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:29 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I have so much spam in my TGB account... But it's not so bad ^_^ I like my gmail account, too. I use both Very Happy

And I can't get outlook express to work with my tgb account. Meh ^_^;

chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:03 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know the account settings, or whether or not TGB allows POP3 or IMAP access, so it would be Beyonder who has to help you.
ayana
Kawaii akujin
Kawaii akujin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:39 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotmail just gave me 250 MB free space, too. Yay, this space boosting thing is kinda neat.

I have way too many e-mail addresses...

beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:49 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

What? they said that was coming in fall....hmmm.....they lied to me! Btw, for anyone who wants to use pop3, you just use [email protected](or youremaddress+thegreatbeyond.net or youremailaddress%thegreatbeyond.net) as your login, your password as your password(duh) and mail.thegreatbeyond.net for the server. if you don't have an account and want one, leave me a PM on the forums with a address/password.
Kawaii akujin
Kawaii akujin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:54 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it must be that (Fall). Yay for reading e-mails over my brother's shoulder and not finishing!

I don't use my hotmail account unless someone wants to e-mail me and it gets read right away.

TGB mail- I tried that and it didn't work, but I'll try again. Eventually. Someday.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:52 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

What anonymity levels of HTTP proxy servers exist?
1. Transparent - these proxies are not anonymous. They don't hide IP-address of a client and let a web server know that you are surfing through a proxy server. The task of such proxies, as a rule, is information caching and/or support of Internet access for several computers via single connection. Such proxies are not applicable for security and privacy while surfing on net. You can use them only for network speed improvement.
2. Anonymous - these proxies don't show your real IP but change the request fields so it is very easy to detect that you are using proxy.
3. High Anonymous - these proxy servers do not pass an IP-address of a client and don't send any variables indicating that you are using proxy server to host and look like real browser.

http://www.checkproxy.net
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Anything. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: