Jo-chan
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:34 pm� �Post subject: IQ Test! Reply with quote

Here's the link: http://www.emode.com/tests/uiq/

Hey, this thing's really cool! I took it just now, and here's what I got:

Congratulations, Joanna!
Your IQ score is 124

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Emode's Ultimate IQ Test.

During the test, you answered four different types of questions � mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. To determine your ability in these areas, we compared your answers to those given by the 6.5 million people who have taken Emode's Ultimate IQ Test.

The even better news is that Emode has taken intelligence assessment a step further than the rest, offering you insight no other IQ test can give. We have developed a reliable statistical algorithm that analyzes patterns in your responses to determine the unique way that your brain functions, revealing your Intellectual Type.

Our analyses indicate that your Intellectual Type is: Visual Mathematician. This means that among other things, you have superior skills in mathematics and spatial reasoning.

I laugh at this, because I'm not too great in math. Or maybe I am great in certain areas of math, just not a lot. For instance, I'm great at algebra, but not geometry, which I hated with a passion when I had to take it. Take the test and see how you all rate - as Pez would say, "Fun for the whole family!�"

"DRILLMAN bionic nemisis of MegaMan" -- ebay quote
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:20 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I got a 131. I'm not so sure if that's good or not?
I also just recently found out I got a 1190 on the PSATs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jo-chan
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:23 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

See, Pez? You're smarter than me. :p Good job on the PSATs! I don't remember how I did on those, it was last year. All I know is that I did so incredibly crappy on the SATs both times the score's not even worth typing. ._.;;;;;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zornak
Clearly Insane.
Clearly Insane.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:32 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Your IQ score is 122

Our analyses indicate that your Intellectual Type is: Visual Mathematician. This means that among other things, you have superior skills in mathematics and spatial reasoning.

wow...not bad considering i'm not as advanced as everyone here (sophomore in high school)only A.P class i'm in is geometry...and this semester was the first time in my life ive gotten on the honor roll! yay!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:05 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Zorn. I don't think I've ever missed being on the honor roll, but I can't be sure. I don't think online IQ tests, real IQ tests, or even school are appropriate ways to measure intelligence. IQ tests are not very accurate, and school is more a measure of appilcation rather then intelligence.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:10 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a 135.....and, if you'll remember back to previous postings, i got a 1380 on my SATs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:12 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes, yes. I'm plenty aware that Chromus and Beyonder are probably the smartest people here, unless someone would like to prove them wrong? ...No-one? ...darn...
WanderingOne13
What's a Pez?
What's a Pez?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:13 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Darren!
Your IQ score is 124

Some of the questions weren't hard, just the wording was nonsensical.

However, on another one I took a week ago:
Thank you for recently taking the Self Discovery Workshop's IQ Test.
Because of the Internet's ability to mishandle transmissions, we are
reconfirming via email that your IQ Test score was: 156

And school is definitely no way to measure intelligence.

I don't have my SAT scores, but it was back in 7th grade I took them, so they're probably not so accurate any more.

Last edited by WanderingOne13 on Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:14 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, different tests, different questions, different scales. Very, very far off and mostly all wrong.
Zornak
Clearly Insane.
Clearly Insane.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:16 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Warning: Technobabble imminent
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:18 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

*grumble*

I'm only posting my score here for reference: 140, Fact Curator (Fits in very well with how I act on this forum)

Now that we're past that, everyone here should learn a thing or two about so-called "intelligence tests". The first problem is that no two scientists agree absolutely on what intelligence is. If you can't agree on what intelligence is, how can you test it? The most our scores indicate is how well we performed on this specific test. The second problem is how valid this test is. Even if everyone agreed on what intelligence is, does this test do a good job representing it? These are the problems that every intelligence test must face. You especially can't compare scores from two different tests, as they will never measure the same thing.

There's my little science blurb.
WanderingOne13
What's a Pez?
What's a Pez?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:22 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

chromus wrote:

The first problem is that no two scientists agree absolutely on what intelligence is. If you can't agree on what intelligence is, how can you test it?

It's obvious that there is no true intelligence, only idiots who can fake it really well.
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:24 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. I believe that there is intelligence, just no way to accuratly measure it.
Jo-chan
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:30 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Pez and chro on this one. But as I said in my first post, it was fun. So I took it just for fun to see how I measured up in these people's view. It's just like the SATs - I'm a pretty smart person, and yet I did crappily on my SATs. As beyonder said before, they seem to just test how well a person can do on a test in the given amount of time. I always freaked out before taking the SATs because I always felt as though I didn't have enough time to finish.
Zornak
Clearly Insane.
Clearly Insane.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:37 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

it may seem strange, but if i study for a test, i do worse than when i don't study
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Anything. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: