Slightly better than a 6-month old PEZ!

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

more bandwidth!...maybe.....

View previous topic :: View next topic
beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:46 am� �Post subject: more bandwidth!...maybe..... Reply with quote

comcast sucks. but now they offer "pro" service....its ul is 3x as fast....only problem is its $95 a month. and yes, in case your incredibly slow and havent caught on yet, i host this over a cable modem. i *might* be able to get a pro line for free or discount(its a long shot, but its worth a try...dun ask how or ill have to hurt you.)...im only gonna be on comcast until (if...)RCN moves in....then ill have 768k(about 80Kb/s) of upload speed. thats half a T1. I know some1 who has RCN, and it kicks the sh*t out of my connection...and hosting a website isnt against their TOS.....

well anyway, something that *is* going to happen in the near future is upgrading from win2k to debian Linux.(on the router and the webserver) i will be setting up a temporary server on one of my desktops(the fast one) during this transition to reduce downtime....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:58 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

on the temp server now....but im kinda tired....so adventures in linux will wait for tomorrow.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:17 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

on linux...but using redhat....no progress on new site today...too busy w/ linux and compiling apache with php support...which had to be compiled for mysql support...and....er...it took longer than expected bc i had some issues that came up with the whole linux being case-sensitive thing so some pictures broke....for now a imade a samba mount-point to deal w/ that....will fix later.
beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:18 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

almost forgot....the mail server is still on win2k. i did this for a reason. too complicated to explain tho. maybe it will work w/ WINE?
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Forum News. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: