Slightly better than a 6-month old PEZ!

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Trivia Game

View previous topic :: View next topic
Dither
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:49 pm� �Post subject: Trivia Game Reply with quote

I was thinking about doing this a while back but wasnt sure if there would be enough interest in it.. Hopefully there is. For the time being, I will post new stuff once a week, on Tuesday. There will be recorded points and levels of diffulty. Everything is outlined below.

Rules:

1. All answers must be submitted to me by private message through this forum. (there is a message button below each of my posts)
  2. Answers are due by midnight of the Monday following the Tuesday in which the trivia is posted.
  3. Posting the answer to the thread will get you disqualified and any answers received after that post for the answered question wont be counted.
  4. You can ask clerification questions in the thread..
  5. You may send me answers as many times as you like, only the last guess you make for each question will count however.

Point System:

1. Questions will come in 3 different difficulties: Easy, Medium, Hard. Each difficulty will keep its own seperate point totals for each person.
  2. You will receive 1 point for each question you answer correctly (Unless other wise stated).
  3. If you are the first person to answer a question correctly, you will receive 2 bonus points. (You will get the points even if you later message me with another guess which is wrong.. you just wont get the 1 point for being right then)

Questions may come from many different things.. but will mostly come from television shows/movies that I watch and lots of math/word play thingies that I find.. Nothing will be amazingly overly complex. If you think a question is in the wrong difficulty, just let me know. However, not all questions are easy/hard because of the question themselves.. some are based on how easy/hard it would be for you to google the answer. (I do search for the answers before I post the questions). Im going to try and have 2 questions per difficulty each week, some weeks there may only be 1 question in any given difficulty.

If you have any suggestions for trivia.. private message those also.. If I use a trivia question that you suggest, you of course wont be able to get points for answering that question.

If you have any other questions, just ask here... but remember.. DO NOT POST THE ANSWER TO ANY QUESTION IN THIS THREAD You have to private message me the answer through this forum system.

Last edited by Dither on Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dither
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:54 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy:
What is the name of Homer Simpson's Brother?

From Futurama: I have 3.2 pounds of dark matter, how much does it weigh?

Medium:
How many different ways can you find to change the word RISE into the word FALL using the rules of the Word Game, and using no more then 4 steps. (Please list all the ways you find, not just the number of ways. 1 point for each way)

The names of some people are hidden in the following sentence. The letters are in consecutive order and none of the names are backwards. (1 point for each 2 names found, Hint: there is an even number of names) "I wanted to travel to London in September to recite some prose by the river."

Hard:
What letter would replace the question mark in the following sequence? A C B F C I D ? E O F

Find a 5 digit number for which: The first digit is half the second, the second digit is half the third, and the fourth digit is two less than the third and three times the last. All the digits sum to 22.
Dither
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:43 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm slightly busy this morning, so I will post scores later, but ill give you the answers to last week and the questions for this week now.

Answers (in the order the questions were posted):
Herb Powell
32000 pounds
RISE->RILE->FILE->FILL->FALL, RISE->RILE->RILL->FILL->FALL (Others may exist too)
Ted, Ed, Lon, Don, Bert, Rose
L

Questions!:
Easy:
In the Simpsons, what is Comic Book Guy's Real Name?

Find the name of a city, hidden in the following sentence. (The letters are in consecutive order)
"The golf pro told us that par is easy on this course."

Medium:
How many different ways can you find to change the word BANK into the word LOAN using the rules of the Word Game, and using no more then 7 steps (You may use less). (Please list all the ways you find, not just the number of ways. 1 point for each way)

What word(s) contain the letters "SPB" in that order? (1 point for each real word)

Hard:
What was the name of the original host of "Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?"? They played a character on a once popular television cartoon. What is the name of that cartoon, and what was the name of their character (the name, not the profession)? (1 point for each part, 3 points possible)

Find a 5 digit number for which: The first digit is two more than the second, the second digit is two more than the third, the fourth digit is two less than the third, and the last digit is two more than the fourth. The sum of the third, fourth and fifth digits equals the first. All together, the digits sum to 19.

(BTW.. using the internet to find an answer is not cheating)
Dither
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:14 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright.. I got the answers for last week and the current scores.. BUT.. no one even tried to answer the medium questions.. I got guesses and stuff for all the other questions, except the medium ones. So im gonna recycle them this week, cuz I dont think they are so hard that none of you could get them.

Answers for last week (in the order they were asked):
Jeff Albertson
Paris
(Answer hidden until next week)
(Answer hidden until next week)
Greg Lee, Doug, Robert 'Bob' White

Score Board:
Easy:
chromus - 6

Medium:

Hard:
DarkTwilkitri - 3
Zornak - 3
chromus - 1

Questions!:
Easy:
In Futurama, what was Philip J. Fry's brother's birth name?

What were the first two "heads" to be on PEZ dispensers? (1 point for each)

Medium:
How many different ways can you find to change the word BANK into the word LOAN using the rules of the Word Game, and using no more then 7 steps (You may use less). (Please list all the ways you find, not just the number of ways. 1 point for each way)

What word(s) contain the letters "SPB" in that order? (1 point for each real word)

Hard:
Michael Fishman once played a young male character on a popular television series that ran for 9 years. What is the name of that show? (1 Point). Later in 2001 he played a role in a popular Steven Spielberg movie. What was the name of that movie? (1 Point). Another actor that was in that movie with him also played starring roles in both the movies eXistenZ and Gattaca. What is the name of that actor? (1 Point). (3 points possible, you dont have to answer all the parts to get credit for any of them)

Plurkix bought some plants for her garden. She planted half of what she bought plus 10, in the morning. Later, in the afternoon, she planted half of what was left plus 5. Feeling tired, she took a nap and then called Dither to help her finish. He came over and planted half of what was left. They then had 5 plants left that Plurkix returned because they looked diseased. How many plants did Plurkix buy originally?
Dither
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:18 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, here we go!
Answers for last week (In the order they were asked):
Yancy
Santa Clause, Spacetrooper (Robot is an acceptible answer as well)
(BANK->BANE->LANE->LONE->LORE->LORD->LOAD->LOAN), (BANK->BONK->BONE->BORE->BORN->LORN->LOAN), (BANK->BAND->BOND->LOND->LOAD->LOAN), (BANK->BARK->BARN->BORN->LORN->LOAN) And there are other ways too.
Raspberry
Roseanne, A.I., Jude Law
80 Plants (Yes.. in this hypothetical situation.. Plurkix is very rich AND the plants are very tiny.....)

Score Board:
Easy:
chromus - 13

Medium:
chromus - 7

Hard:
chromus - 7
DarkTwilkitri - 6
Zornak - 3

Questions!:
Easy:
What was the name of Speed Racer's car?

This thing was used by inhabitants of the Aleutians. It is also a palindrome. What is it?

Medium:
What word(s) contain the letters "ACHACH" in that order? (1 point for each real word)

If a city is celebrating its sesquincentennial, how old is it?

Hard:
Todd is half as old as Tammy. Two years ago, he was one-third Tammy's age. In four years, he will be two-thirds her age. How old are they both now?

This guy has done the voices of characters in more then half the cartoons i have watched in my lifetime.. Ren & Stimpy, Doug, Futurama, Grim & Evil, Hey Arnold!, King of the Hill, Dilbert, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls, Ozzy & Drix, Duck Dodgers, CatDog, Invader ZIM, The Oblongs.. As well as lotsa other stuff. Not necesarily a main character in all of those. Name the actor that im talking about.
Dither
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:14 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, its a busy week for me. So your only getting 3 questions this week.. I didnt have time to find any more then that. Also, both of the hard questions from last week werent attempted.. However, instead of giving one of them back to you this week, I'm gonna throw 'em on the pile, and use 'em sometime in the future. Alright, lets go.

Answers for last week (In the order they were asked):
Mach 5
Kayak
Stomachache
150 Years
(hidden)
(hidden)

Score Board:
Easy:
chromus - 13
Pez-Man - 3

Medium:
chromus - 7

Hard:
chromus - 7
DarkTwilkitri - 6
Zornak - 3

Questions!:
Easy:
What year were Pop-Tarts first sold? (And I mean the brand Pop-Tarts... not toaster pasteries in general)

Medium:
Who does the voice of the character Ollie Williams on Family Guy?

Hard:
Jane is two-thirds Jack's age. In five years, she will be as old as Jack is now. Five years ago, Jane was half Jack's age then. How old are they now?

P.S. - If you have any questions you would like to see appear in this game, please send them my way! It would be a great help! Have a great week!!
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Forum Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: