Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:25 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

When is your summer break?
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:45 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

My summer break starts on May 20 and ends on August 31.
ayana
Kawaii akujin
Kawaii akujin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:45 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That's like... near my birthday and stuffs Very Happy

Where did the name "cookie" come from..? Cuz they're baked, not cooked... Right?

Oh right, and how do red leaves photosynthesize (SP??) ? Like those Christmas thingies... That bothers me...

Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:25 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

poinsettas?
what is that blue light they use to dry fillings and other dental things with?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kamui
Pez-Worshipper
Pez-Worshipper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:20 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to think I'm crazy but I actually sat down to figure out how much ram Pez's computer would require if it was using 1667391840% of 512 MB of ram..... This amount is about 8,537,046,220.8 megs of ram....... Reason why I say "about" this number is because I may have made a mistake somewhere so I'm leaving room for doubt.... but either way... that's would be friggen butt load of ram... And as far as I know... it's currently not possible for a home computer to have that much let a lone support that much ^^;;
beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:25 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

well, that's right...but why didn't you just use a calculator? 16673918.40 * 512.....
Pez-Worshipper
Pez-Worshipper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:12 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the only calculator I could find at the time only went up to "16673918." It wouldn't let me put in any more numbers after the decimal.... Ah well....
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:14 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

How did the machines in the Matrix fly?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chewi
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:06 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone be so alleric to peanuts that they can have an attack just by the smell?
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:22 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

If so, in response to Chewi's question, is there any way to remove this said person from school because he creates a disadvantage for the rest of the students?
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:27 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that the origin of the word "cookies" comes from cooking small piles of sweet dough to form circular hardened sweet bread. Since they probably didn't want to call them circular hardened sweet bread, they might have called them cookies.

Before I can answer how red leaves photosynthesize, you need to know how leaves get energy. In all green leaves, there is a chemical called chlorophyll, which reacts with carbon dioxide and light to form energy and oxygen. Chlorophyll accepts all visible light, except for green light, which is why green light is reflected and leaves appear green. During the fall, trees stop sustaining the chlorophyll and it degrades into a variety of chemicals which also react with light and carbon dioxide, except each of the new chemicals don't accept other colors, which is why leaves turn yellow and orange and red during the fall. Leaves that always stay red, like on poinsettias, just always reflect red light instead of green because they don't have chlorophyll.

The blue light that dentists use is a focused ultraviolet light which causes rapid drying of the compounds used.

Actually, your calculation is dead on. 8537046220.8 MB of RAM would be required to bump the percent down to 100. No, no computer can support this much RAM, let alone this much hard disk space. By the way, that's 7.9 petabytes of space, which is the step up from terrabyte.

Since The Matrix was a movie, and based in the future no less, I have no idea how machines of that sort fly.

Yes, someone can be so severely allergic to something that the molecule that registers the smell (which, by the way, is the same molecule that we taste) can trigger an allergic reaction. No, this person can't be removed from school because of this because it would be unfair to restrict this person from school just because he or she might have an attack.
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:44 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

But we can't even eat snickers anymore! Shouldn't there be some rule against that?
Chewi
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:51 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, so if you're not going anywhere for a while, you can't grab a snickers!
Vorpy
What's a Pez?
What's a Pez?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:19 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

What's this? Folk etymology? Searching for the word "cookie" in online dictionaries gives this explanation: the dutch word for cake is koek, and the dutch word for cookie is koekje.

The chlorophyll in plants doesn't break down into other pigments. The other pigments are already present in the plants, but in smaller quantities. They help the plant photosynthesize by helping to capture wavelengths of light not caught by the chlorophyll. The electrons energized in this way are passed on to the chlorophyll, which is good at handing them off into the next step in the process of creating sugar molecules. The other pigments include carotene and related substances (carotenoids).

In fall, the chlorophyll tends to break down while the other pigments remain, giving the leaves red and yellow colors.

Plants that aren't normally green contain other pigments (which don't necessarily participate in photosynthesis) which give them their color. They still have chlorophyll, since chlorophyll is very efficient at transfering electrons around and thus needed for photosynthesis.
ayana
Kawaii akujin
Kawaii akujin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:18 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Chromus' answer was easier to understand ^_^ HE knows who he's talking to XD
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Anything. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 38 of 66

Jump to: