Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Console Wars
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Twilkitri
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:45 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Pez-Man: That picture came from E3, I didn't make it. You should have looked at the properties, you'll see it's linked from GamerWeb.

Re FF: http://www.gamepartisan.com/nintendo/news/index.php?view=156

Pumbo: Uh... The only MegaMan game for the NextGen systems is on the PS2?

For starters, MMBN 1 2 and 3 are all on GBA. As is MegaMan Zero. That's 4 MegaMan games on a NextGen system that's _not_ PS2. And, in case you didn't know, Capcom developed both the Zelda Oracle games, and they're also developing the port of Link to the Past. I dunno if they are working on anything Zelda for the GCN, though.

Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:59 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

The megaman 10th aniversiy collection is totaly on both ps2 and gcn, with different special fetures for both!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Twilkitri
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:21 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

And there's one on the GBA with all the GBO games as well!
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:05 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the difference between the special features? It's rather annoying when different consoles get different features for the same game, like Soul Calibur 2. To get the full experience of playing the game, you'd have to buy it for all three consoles. And on another note, what's with Nintendo and their linking obsession. Every new games requires you to have a Game Boy and a link just to get half the story. I have a Game Boy and a link, but it's still rather annoying. Not to mention Crystal Chronicles, which you NEED 4 Game Boys and 4 links to play with friends. That's really unfair to those who don't have a Game Boy, because then they can't even play. I think Nintendo is being a little overboard on the "connectivity" issues and just trying to get as much cash as they can out of as little work as they can.

What is GBO, DT?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:35 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

they're trying to bring more depth to the game where each gameboy has special info that only a certain person can see, but yeah, It might be tedious to find 4 gameboy advances and 4 link cables....
I have 2 gbas and 2 cables, so i could play 2 player with someone...

ayana
Kawaii akujin
Kawaii akujin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:53 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

They should just make a super system that does them all.. <_<;;

I don't believe in console wars. I judge by games, not system. Unlike someone I know. *nudges Phred* Mad

beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:35 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

if the companies that made the consoles weren't so anal about leaking their SDK, detailed specs and hardware info, that would probably be possible, aya. it would, however, come in the form of a PC. *pokes emulators* look! a semi-working ps2 emulator! r0x! ....i have a SNES emulator for PS2....*is weird* nothin' like playing good old mario on a PS2! er......
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:52 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Pez-Man wrote:
And on another note, what's with Nintendo and their linking obsession. Every new games requires you to have a Game Boy and a link just to get half the story.

?
Such as?

Quote:
Not to mention Crystal Chronicles, which you NEED 4 Game Boys and 4 links to play with friends.

No... you need a minimum of _2_ GameBoys and link cables to play with friends/relatives. Who's likely to have 3 people over at their house at once?

Quote:
That's really unfair to those who don't have a Game Boy, because then they can't even play. I think Nintendo is being a little overboard on the "connectivity" issues and just trying to get as much cash as they can out of as little work as they can.

Buh? It takes less work to program things to connect to each other than it takes to not?
It's just a one-time purchase, Pez... if you had to buy a new GB&Link with every game, then it'd be different.

Quote:
What is GBO, DT?

Game Boy Original, of course. What else would it be Confused

ayana
Kawaii akujin
Kawaii akujin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:45 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, I'm simple. I base off games. I guess that makes me weird, ne? ^_~
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:28 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystal Chronicles, of course, is the best example. Wind Waker had a special section just for the Game Boy. Animal Crossing required the Game Boy to get to a different island. That's all I can think off the top of my head. The game has been called only truly fun when you have four people playing it. I happen to have three other candidates that I would like to play Crystal Chronicles with, but two of them lack a Game Boy. You're probably right about the unfair thing, but it's still a bother. And I usually call the Game Boy GB, not GBO, so I haven't heard of that acronym.
Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:04 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah.. it could, but pac man vs is fun, too, and you only need one gba, me and aya and someone else had much fun playing that

also i like to raise chao on gba

gba-gcn link=ok to me
cant wait for 4 swords for gcn Very Happy

ayana
Kawaii akujin
Kawaii akujin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:13 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay if you can afford it. If you can't afford it, you can always wish a lot XD Playing Pac-man at Phreds was pretty fun. But did I HAVE to be the pink one? *sob* Do you even still play that after that one night, Phred? O.o;

As long as it's fun, anything is okay with me ^.^

Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:15 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought you loved pink??? me and lin play sometimes on sunday
ayana
Kawaii akujin
Kawaii akujin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:35 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I love pink hair, not pink ghosts...
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Anything. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: