Slightly better than a 6-month old PEZ!

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

World of Warcraft

View previous topic :: View next topic
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:39 am� �Post subject: World of Warcraft Reply with quote

I haven't played any, but the graphics look great. According to Vaz of Underpower, who bought the game, "It looks like a great game. I wish I could play it." (referring to the long lines to get into the server) What does anyone else think of it?

Last edited by chromus on Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Proto-Zack
What's a Pez?
What's a Pez?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:28 pm� �Post subject: I think a lot Reply with quote

Blizzard's a sellout, and has joined MMORPG society. Personally anything that costs money and forces me to live another life as somone I'm not ever gonna be. Blizzard should make Starcraft 2. And I'm not talkin about Starcraft Ghost.
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:55 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone wants SC2, and it'll never be here. Everyone is joining the MMORPG thing, so I wouldn't hold it against Blizzard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:31 am� �Post subject: Re: I think a lot Reply with quote

Proto-Zack wrote:
Personally anything that costs money and forces me to live another life as somone I'm not ever gonna be.

You should probably finish your sentence there. What about MMORPGs do you not like? They are a great way for game companies to make money, since almost all of them charge a monthly subscription fee. (Last time I checked, game companies were in the business of making money) It's also a great way for players to have dynamic content, since the developers add new levels or classes or skills instead of players having to work at adding new content (ala Starcraft and Warcraft's multiplayer map system). As an added benefit, you can socialize with other players, which many gamers may never do in the real world.
Proto-Zack
What's a Pez?
What's a Pez?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:40 pm� �Post subject: Breaks tradition (I'm not jewish though) Reply with quote

Its the fact that Blizzard made games that are strategy/battle. Warcraft and Starcraft are such. Basically I'm just angered cause companies are in for the cheap profit of the new age online gaming.

Ugh e.e *Flashbacks to playing the original Mario Brothers.* Its not just Blizzard I'm angry with. I'm a gamer of teh past stuck in the ever so less fun to me future. Either I'll get over it or... I'll build a massive army in Teh Wiggy Land and take over the world. Most likely the first.

beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:13 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I haven't seen any lines since the open beta... And WoW doesn't reflect any of the 'cheapness' of other MMORPGs, such as Lineage2 or (especially) Ragnarok Online. The game just rocks. Blizzard actually has enough servers to handle the load. That's a first for an MMORPG. Not only are the graphics and quests great, but other things, like the profession system. Oh, and you can't avoid mentioning Blizzard's built-in item farm/auction protection. That is ownage over other games. I think the point is, you have to play the game before you're allowed to have an opinion on it Razz
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:48 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

good game and to believe people are selling their characters for some moolah is a pretty crazy idea you may be able to pay off some of that payment and play for a year characters on e-bay have been going at 300-600 which isnt too bad. but like lvl 40 50 60's are the way to look. but blizzard is putting a ban on this so be careful. me personally i like the idea of mmorpg just not at a fee.good way to meet some people, hang out with friends, rich enough to effort it. good game, but in the end..... was it really worth it?
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> RPG Games! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: