Slightly better than a 6-month old PEZ!

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

The Incredbles

View previous topic :: View next topic
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:34 pm� �Post subject: The Incredbles Reply with quote

Bob Parr used to be Mr. Incredible and with his super strength, he, along with other superheroes like his friend Frozone, saved those in need. One day, he finds out that someone he saved has sued him for interrupting a suicide. This lawsuit ends up opening the doors for hundreds of frivolous lawsuits against superheroes, so the government relocated the "supers" and releases them from all debts, on the condition that they would never be super again. Now, Bob works in a boring insurance position where he fights a constant battle to help his customers, even though the company wants to help the stockholders first. One day, Bob gets his chance to show off his super powers again when an island is under attack by a rampaging robot, but when he arrives, he finds out it's a trap. Can Mr. Incredible make it out alive?

Despite Pixar history of gearing its movies towards children, The Incredibles has a little bit for everyone. The main family in the movie, of which Bob is the father, goes through turmoil and has to face difficult issues, which adults can understand, but there's a lot of comedy and action, which will appeal to children. The animation was great and the voices sounded perfect for the parts. I really liked this movie, though my only complaint is that they didn't use the best characters enough, like Frozone, an Ice-Man knockoff, or Edna Mode, fashion designer of the supers. I recommend that everyone see this in the theaters.
Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:19 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

was it incredible?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:40 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much so. It was one of the best movies I've seen in quite some time (and I've seen quite a few, since I'm now getting a new DVD a week from Blockbuster).
Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:18 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently, Pixar is being sued by other movie companies for making movies that are too good...
that can't be true??
that's a horrible reason to sue someone X_x
maybe you teh chromium can shed some light on the situation

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:34 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it, didn't think it was that great. I mean, it wasn't a waste of money (28 bucks for nothing!) but it wasn't as fantastic as everyone else has said. What was so good about it? I thought it lacked character development for the two kids and a lack of explanation for some of the other characters.
Zornak
Clearly Insane.
Clearly Insane.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:34 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Phred wrote:
apparently, Pixar is being sued by other movie companies for making movies that are too good...
that can't be true??
that's a horrible reason to sue someone X_x
maybe you teh chromium can shed some light on the situation

Welcome to the American thought process! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:10 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

As you said, Phred, it's not true that Pixar is being sued by Hollywood because their movies are too good. (For those who don't know, there was an article about this, but it has since been taken down. Check out Google's cache of the article to read it)[/url] Dateline Hollywood, the site which wrote the story, is a parody site (like The Onion) which makes fun of trends in Hollywood.

With The Incredibles, Pixar really upped the standards of what makes a good animated movie. In Toy Story, Pixar made the first fully computer animated movie which set the standard for future movies with any computer animation. In A Bugs Life, Pixar animated hundreds of characters over the traditional few. In Monsters, Inc., Pixar animated thousands of individual hairs on a single character where previous movies only had a few hair "bunches" per person. In Finding Nemo, it was the water effects that defined the animation, and in The Incredibles, they combine all of their prior techniques plus a new understanding of light effects to create a well animated movie.

The characters, though they had super-powers, felt very real. Their personalities, unlike the characters in the new wave of Marvel movies, (Daredevil, Hulk, etc..) were very believable and they acted like normal people would, save being able to punch through walls and turn into a parachute.
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: