FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:31 am� �Post subject: Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures Reply with quote

The newest Zelda game from Nintendo! picking up where the first four swords left off, it has interesting play style, where all indoor events occur on your game boy!
quite fun to play with friends, you can work together to complete the level, or beat each other up and try to get all the force gems!

and the classic A Link to the Past graphics and Music are a nice touch!

also, it's got an amusing commercialy thing

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:36 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too much of a fan for those "Needs four people with four Game Boys to be a decent game" games that Nintendo has made. So far, it's only been Crystal Chronicles and Four Swords, but I'm sure they'll have another few. I like both Crystal Chronicles and Link (I'm assuming Four Swords would be good), but the fact that you need the four Game Boys really makes it annoying. It'd be nice to see a two-four player RPG for the Gamecube that didn't involve using the Game Boy. So far, the only one I've played was Phantasy Star Online Episodes I, II, and III. They were fun and we didn't need Game Boys. Of course, in the PSO games, they treated offline multi-player as a joke, as it had no story, and the second character, though useful to help kill things, didn't influence how the items dropped or anything else the first character did. Rather, since the item drops are a main part of the game, they just had the items drop based on the first player, as opposed to online, where I've heard the game actually cared about each player. Another example is in PSO III, where after you win, it gives the first player his/her rank, but doesn't show the second player's rank. It can get quite annoying at times. But more to the point, Nintendo needs more RPGs that don't need four people and don't need Game Boys. I'd buy Four Swords if I had four friends that lived next door that all shared the same passion for gaming I have and would have a Game Boy, but I don't.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ayana
Kawaii akujin
Kawaii akujin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:21 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good game. Just expencive. And sucks with more then two people. Cuz people fight over things... I wish that ranking thing wasn't there Sad I now know I suck at games XD
Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:38 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

well, for CC it was cool cuz you didn't halt the whole game going through your menus and stuff

I think it's innovatave, I'll have to get another GBA-GCN cable so I don't have to use my GBA to play with 3 players

Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:49 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yeah, the non-pausing the game was good. It'd be a good idea to make a game that didn't need it. I'm not sure there would be a way, but it'd still be nice to have four Gamecube controllers, instead of everyone needing a Game Boy.
ayana
Kawaii akujin
Kawaii akujin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:04 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

No one would complain if it was free...
Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:16 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

well, there's allways split screen I guess...
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:17 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if they gave out Game Boys and Gamecube links for free, there'd be no reason to complain. Nothing is wrong with the game (in the connection sense) other then the fact that we need to buy more Game Boys.
Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:29 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess nintendo assume that many people allready have Gameboy Advances
but they do give the Link Cables free with some games (Pre-order CC and with FSA)

Twilkitri
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:33 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not as if the GBA is just an accessory that you can only use with one game *cough*thathugecontrollercapcomhadforthatxboxgame*cough*.
G byrd
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:44 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

but the game had good concept if you got seperated you play in your game boy i think. i think..... its cool and all but 4 gba's some people barely made it out of the first game boy.
Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:56 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

not exactly, it has the same basic LttP engine, where you're in one square area, and waking off the edge of it will shove the camera over to the next, so all 2-4 people have to gether there to go further, the camera will zoom in/out to fit all the links on screen, and when you go inside buildings/caves or underwater, you go to your gameboy where you can do stuff in secret (except for the fact the game will tell everyone when you get things in chests or items)
it's really innovative though

G byrd
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:15 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i like the whole idea just the prices are just alot for all of the stuff thats the big thing.
Twilkitri
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:35 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not as if you need to buy a new GBA for each GBA-link game on the GCN. The one GBA will work with all of them, and all GBA games as well.

Technically you shouldn't have to buy 4, either, unless you're going to be controlling all of them yourself :P

Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:31 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say all the GC games with GBA capabilites, you mean CC and Four Swords. That's all the games that have a major role for the GBA. And those games are not really fun alone, so you need four friends with four GBAs.
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: