Slightly better than a 6-month old PEZ!

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Stairway to Heaven, Satan song, or not?

View previous topic :: View next topic
Astar
What's a Pez?
What's a Pez?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:06 pm� �Post subject: Stairway to Heaven, Satan song, or not? Reply with quote

Have you ever heard the song "Stairway to Heaven"? It is actually very scary played backwards, because it is one of those Satan songs! I attatched the two files to compare, the normal version of the section, and the Satan-ish version. The lyrics to the Satan version go lke this:

Ohh heres to my sweet satan. There was a little path would make me sad whos power is satan. He'll give you give you 666. There was a little tool shed where he made us suffer, sad satan.

Tell me if this freaks you out or not, it sure freaked me out!

Note: Listen to the normal version FIRST! It will make the backwards version even freakier!

stairway to heaven_freaky.mp3
 Description:
The inverted version that is the Satan song.
 Filesize:  619.24 KB
 Viewed:  10703 Time(s)

stairway to heaven_freaky_normal.mp3
 Description:
The normal version of the section of the song.
 Filesize:  619.24 KB
 Viewed:  10703 Time(s)

Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:10 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't hear anything...
It sounds like jibberish forward or backward

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Astar
What's a Pez?
What's a Pez?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:57 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

If you listen to the backward version sort of loud AND read the lyrics at the same time, then you should hear it eventualy. If you start to hear bits and pieces of it, then keep listening over and over again. You should eventually hear it if you follow along with hte lyrics i put up there.
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:32 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... your instructions seem to be the the same sort of scare tactics used in the 1970s that plauged popular rock and roll. See here for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backward_message The general consensus is that actual sentences which appear by playing something backwards appear by accident. Here's an example:

I recorded the phrase "Not us" using my microphone. It's attached as forward.wav. Also listen to the exact same sound, except reversed. It's attached as backwards.wav. I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure out what my "hidden" backwards message was. (By the way, it's shown that, if you know the "hidden" message in advance, you're about 90% likely to hear it, as opposed to 10% if you don't know in advance)

backwards.mp3
 Description:
The reversed sound file
 Filesize:  14.28 KB
 Viewed:  10611 Time(s)

forward.mp3
 Description:
The normal sound file
 Filesize:  14.28 KB
 Viewed:  10611 Time(s)

Last edited by chromus on Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:03 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since it seems no one found the "hidden" message, it was the word "Satan", except pronounced a bit oddly, like "Sah-ton". In any case, this was to prove a point that backwards messages usually show up accidentaly, and a backwards message usually only is found when a person tries to assign words to noise.
Astar
What's a Pez?
What's a Pez?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:33 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it said Satan, but I didn't post to say I knew because I didn't think you wanted to know who found it.

I have a theory that because a lot of artists did drugs back then, the messages were ment to be put in the songs.

Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:39 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have been told to hear a message in a song played backwards, the odds say your gonna' hear it, even if it's not there. Supposing the words are in the song played backwards, I suppose it is slightly creepy, but satanists arn't like what they are stereotyped. I have a good friend, and every halloween (Hell-oween?) satanists go up a moutain in his town and... do stuff, you can see fires from the townscape. He took the film camera up there once... There were circles of stones and ashes everywhere.
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:45 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point was that the backwards words are just co-incidental that they sound like evil words. I didn't hear the "evil" words until I actually listened for them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Anything. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: