thegreatbeyond
Slightly better than a 6-month old PEZ!

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Just wondering if you guys thought it was a good idea....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Pumbo
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 9:57 am� �Post subject: Just wondering if you guys thought it was a good idea.... Reply with quote

So yeah--I was talking with Pezman the other day and we had a bit of a disagreement. See, I've been noticing that, in the comics, the characters talk a bit too fast--especially in the later ones. Not that I can't read them in time, but it doesn't sound natural. To me, anyway. So yeah--what do you guys think?
Zornak
Clearly Insane.
Clearly Insane.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:35 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

youre right...there should be more violence and less talking Razz
<Zornak>do you always do everything the violent way?
<Mazok>Shut up or ill steal your soul
<Zornak>eep!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 6:59 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a good comment Zornak, but hes asking wether i should give people more or less time to read the dialouge. I want to see your opinions on this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pumbo
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:38 pm� �Post subject: Mazok has dual personalities I see.... Reply with quote

You know, that is a serious mental illness--dual personalities I mean. You should see a urologist about that or something....
Pumbo
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:40 pm� �Post subject: Pezman... Reply with quote

No no--its not a matter of giving people more time to read--its just putting in pauses between dialogue that I think should be there. I mean, a person doesn't retort IMMEDIATELY after the other person just talked. They wait a second or two, and that can be adjusted depending on the situation.
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 5:13 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah they do, they talk back right after in a conversation, as soon as the other person finishes!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pumbo
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 6:21 pm� �Post subject: Yep Reply with quote

Exactly, which is why I think it should be changed a tad.
Fighter/Mage Returned
What's a Pez?
What's a Pez?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 6:28 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with pumbo - ive been having trouble reading the dialouge - most of the time i read it in time but sometimes - especcially in the longer dialouges i miss a sentance or more - and then have to read the whole thing over again....just make more time to read them - u can rapid fire them as long as there is enough time for the average person to read - AVERAGE such as myself...or im just a slow reader...anyways make more time in dialouge
and yes zornak more violence is always good!!

Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 8:44 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I partially agree with you, and if you notice, my first comics are kinda like that. But as of late, some people complained about waiting too long after reading the dialouge, so I shortened it by a little. If it really matters to you guys that much, I'll add an extra half a second or so.
Pumbo
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 5:03 pm� �Post subject: No no no.... Reply with quote

Yeah...well....that's not what I'm talking about tho. This isn't about giveing people more time to read--its about puttine in pauses IN BETWEEN people speaking. I'm not saying that more time is a bad idea tho. I have also had a bit of a hard time reading what they say sometimes, and I'm a pretty fast reader. You prolly do that because u are such a fast reader. But anyway--I'm just saying you should put in some pauses. Haven't you ever heard the phrase "pause for effect?" Well, that's what I'm talking about. Like, when someone says something stupid (like Pumbo prolly will), whoever is listening will be so abashed by what Pumbo just said that he won't reply for a bit. This gives the reader time to realize that the listener is in fact abashed, and therefore will find it more funny. Did that make any sense at all?
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 5:14 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

that makes perfect sense, and i do understand what you're saying. Its a good idea and all, but even those short breaks begin to add up and cause long added time and therefore extra size.
Molvaki
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 6:39 pm� �Post subject: Dialogue Reply with quote

Both Pumbo and Pez-Man have strong points. However, I do think that the dialogue time is just perfect for my speed of reading. Like the part when I kicked the plot device and it fell on me. But, Pumbo does have a good idea about the whole pause thing, but it would take up too much memory. Maybe you could only use the whole pause thing when someone says something very stupid. Anyways, that's what I have to say, you don't even have to read this if you don't want too...

I am a man of few words. My favorite ones being, "Aardvark" and "Spatula".
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:47 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

molvaki, shut up. I like your idea. I'm going to use it.
Pumbo
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 9:07 pm� �Post subject: Posh. Reply with quote

Size shmize. The comics load super fast for me, so size isn't a problem. I realize that some people have slower connections (believe me, I feel your pain... Sad ) and therefore load slower, but I still think its worth it. Perhaps not to be used all the time tho--perhaps like Movaki said--only when someone says something stupid or something. Or....something... I dunno. Hey--it's not my comic--u do what u want Pezman.
Ultimastrife

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 10:21 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Exellent ideas... I would have to agree that there was a speed problem, but only in the latest comic #30. I also had a idea that I thought could be tweaked. The music. I think that it's really cool Cool but it ends abruply or right at the good parts (most of the time) I dont know anything about flash (learning though) but is there any way you can fix that?
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Comments. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: