Slightly better than a 6-month old PEZ!

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Kill Bill: Volume 1

View previous topic :: View next topic
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:19 am� �Post subject: Kill Bill: Volume 1 Reply with quote

"Quentin Tarantino's fourth film is an homage to kung fu movies and exploitation flicks about a former assassin known as The Bride (Uma Thurman). On the day of her wedding, she's gunned down by a former employer (a guy named Bill, played by David Carradine) along with her child, groom-to-be and the rest of her wedding circle. She, however, is able to barely survive, with a bullet lodged in her brain. Five years later, she awakes from a coma. Ready to wreak havoc for the deaths of her child and groom, she's off to kill Bill." (Fandango.com)

It seems to be the trend with Tarantino that his films are direct in what he tries to do. In the case of Kill Bill, it seems to be a comment on the Americanization of Japan, martial arts movies, and anime, as many of the scenes show a commercialized Japan and use popular anime actions. I didn't really like the film, as I didn't like the surrealism, nor the almost spoofing that Tarantino did, but I don't deny that the movie was executed well. One of the characters is given a deep backstory, and the others develop throughout the movie. It seems that more of each character's story is revealed in the second volume. I quote a friend when I say: "It wasn't a movie. It was a film."
Chewi
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:14 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it was good.
roscoe
What's a Pez?
What's a Pez?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:06 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

it was awesome!!! i love it and all the bloodiness was so neccessary! i love the anime section hehe and that knocking sound during her fight with ORen hehe overall Q T is just a good director!
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: