thegreatbeyond
Slightly better than a 6-month old PEZ!

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

StarCraft Poll
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

What is the worst StarCraft/BroodWars unit?
Vulture
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Devourer
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Defiler
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Wraith
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 8:11 pm� �Post subject: StarCraft Poll Reply with quote

Just a Poll for StarCraft. Comment for any new options on the poll.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fighter/Mage Returned
What's a Pez?
What's a Pez?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 12:17 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I never use the da*m defiler - it has not productive use...
beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 3:36 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

defilers suck. if you have another opinion, please post it here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 3:45 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

i doubt anyone else is gonna have another opinion, unless its wraiths AND defilers suck
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Twilkitri
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 5:58 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

They all suck, apparently. Why else would they all be in a poll to find the worst one?

Answer: To trick people who haven't played the game.

D'oh...

Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:46 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dont worry DT, I'm sure Beyonder can just download it for you
beyonder
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 9:18 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

don't have to. i already have it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Molvaki
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 6:59 pm� �Post subject: Units Reply with quote

If you actually use them for something other then all out firepower and mass destruction, they could be pretty useful. For defilers, you drop them off behind mineral patches and plague there base every now and then. If they are Terrans, it's even better. Heck, darkswarming an entire enemy base while attacking them with hundreds of Zerglings would kill them off pretty good too. Since DarkSwarm prevents ranged attacks. Devourers are good because if you have 9, and you shoot it at a pile of air units, they would attack so slowly they wouldn't do too much damage. Also, when they are spored, they take more damage. Vultures suck when it comes to attacking bases, but if there was a fight when you have +12 vultures against +50 marines, the vultures would win. Vultures are also good for laying them down on mineral patches so that if someone tries to build something there, you would see. That's when you plan for an attack. However, none of these strategies would work if all of you people who play SC only play Use Map Settings or those BGM and Shared Bases. In those maps, they don't need any skill or thinking, just a lot of BattleCruisers or Carriers and a lot of clicking.

I am a man of few words. My favorite ones being, "Aardvark" and "Spatula".
Molvaki
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:00 pm� �Post subject: Wraiths... Reply with quote

Damn that post was long... anyways, I left out the wraiths. Wraiths are probably the crappiest unit but you shold try sending a group of cloaked wraiths against a bunch of newbies using carriers all of the time. For some reason, they work better then Valkyries.

Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:55 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

ive attacked a small base with over 50 cloaked wraiths... they took out about 2 cannons and a dragoon...
Molvaki
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 1:05 am� �Post subject: More Wraiths Reply with quote

That's exactly what you DON'T do. Wraiths have burst lasers which do 8 in normal damage. I think Wraith's are either medium or large but both Dragoons and Photon Cannons do explosive damage. Meaning that they do full 20 damage to large objects, 10 damage to medium and 5 to small. That's why Zerglings are so good at killing off Dragoons. Wraiths are designed to pester enemies at the fact that an unprepared one cannot attack a cloaked one. And Wraiths are weak, if you send 50 cloaked wraiths into a bunch of detectors.... that's just wrong... Wraiths are also designed to kill air units, such as Overlords or Guardians because they are large in size. The Gemini missles also deal explosive damage, which will do full damage to large units. Which is why the Vulture sucks at killing things that are different from infantry, because there grenades do concussive damage, which is the complete opposite of explosive. So a vulture can kill a marine in 2 hits and a base in 500+ hits even though the health difference is large. Instead of sending a head on attack with wraiths, use wraiths to pick off those annoying carriers or guardians that the enemy has... No more StarCraft for Molvaki X_-;

Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 12:44 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

but the defense was only 3 cannons and 2 goons, thats just bad. For the same price, I could get an amount of zerglings to take out 2 or more whole bases...
Ultimastrife

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 5:42 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

none of the above. My favorite unit is the arbiter. Recall and having a cloaking feild are sometimes the most useful aspects in the game.
Molvaki
Pez-Eater
Pez-Eater

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 7:33 pm� �Post subject: ...again? Reply with quote

Maybe, but Zerglings can't attack air, and I mentioned that Wraith's are mostly designed for annoyance or anti-air purposes. A huge thing of Zerglings would obviously lose against wraiths but a Zergling's main purpose is a distraction or just to level bases in seconds if the defenses are down. And yes, Wraith's are just that bad, but they are not designed for all out fighting unlike Zerglings who are pretty much designed to Kamikaze, hence the fact that they cannot feel pain

Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 8:16 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a group of zerglings could easily waste the wraiths. Burrow and running, and zerglings don't need to worry about air too much because of their speed. Fully upgraded zerglings can waste bases in seconds even with air attacking them, but air can sometimes get annoying and a few hydras can change that. I love zerglings for their ability to just lay ground to waste execpt for firebats and tanks. Firebats are the worst things a zergling can face, even worse then tanks because tanks are slow. If attacking terrans, its usally better to use a nice gaurdian/devourer combo. Wraiths can be hit by the acid spores, making their cloak useless, and valkarye reload time is horrible with 9 acid spores. Enough devourers can take out a battlecruiser in one volley. My true favorite race is Zerg (duh) but their defense lacks. Lurkers are the best thing to happen to Zerg defense seince the sunken colony, but in a recent patch, the sunken colony life went down. This update made it almost pointless unless in very large groups. Spores are still nice, because of their speed. A nice zergling hoarde with a few hydralisks could wasts a Protoss base in seconds, because cannons aren't that usefull against zerglings. The only problem is the high templar, and psi storm. Always look for high templars first. And thats my opinion. Look, I can make big posts too!
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Strategy Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: