Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Ask Chromus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:53 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I don't use MSN Messenger, I don't know how it works and I can't help you with configuration. I did do some searching, though, and came across this page:
http://www.mess.be/msnmessengerfaq/idx/0/128/article/How_can_I_unblock_potentially_unsafe_file_transfers_again.html

It has instructions on removing the block depending on what version of MSN Messenger you have. If the blocking system works as described, the transfer got blocked before you even got the file, so you wouldn't be able to find it afterwards.
Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:53 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it Reese in the US and Reese's in the Canada? (Peanut butter cups)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:07 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Checkers here on the East coast, and Rudys in the Mid-West?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
G byrd
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:05 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadians like grammar.
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:47 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, when I take a look at Reese's official webpage (http://www.hersheys.com/reeses/), I notice that the apostrophe is used everywhere, even though I'm in the United States. The only place I see the lack of an apostrophe is in the candy Reese Sticks, which don't even have the final 's', and I believe it's the same way in Canada. Source:
http://www.core77.com/inconspicuous/reesesticks.html

As for Checkers and Rudy's, I can't find any evidence of a restaurant similar to Checkers called Rudy's. If you can find some evidence, I'll look through it.
Phred
Pez-Guru
Pez-Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:42 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

oop, my bad
http://www.hersheycanada.com/reeseproductpage.asp
it's the other way round D:
WHY?

Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:28 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, it's not Rudy's, it's Rally's. I musta been thinking about some other food place.
Zornak
Clearly Insane.
Clearly Insane.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:27 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

what is a mix tape?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
G byrd
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:41 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

mix tape is an underground made tape used by people or amateurs to send to a record company in hopes of getting signed by the record company for millions. OR its a tape which contains mixes of many different things ex. rap mixtapes contains the rapper who makes the mixtape with well known rappers such as tupac, and biggie. That is what a mixtape is, like and1 mixtape tour. a video tape filled with different volumes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:48 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

good, very good!
Zornak
Clearly Insane.
Clearly Insane.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:34 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

who is valar2006?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zornak
Clearly Insane.
Clearly Insane.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:30 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

part of the Chaos Theory states:

"It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world."

Can you explain this?

(quote from movie: The Butterfly Effect)
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:44 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done so much research without a single answer that I'm ashamed. I can't explain the difference in punctuation between Canadian and US candy. My only guess is that, in market research done by Hershey, Reese scored better in Canada than Reese's, and vice-versa for the US.

In 1999, Rally's and Checkers merged into a single company. Since Rally's was the larger company at the time, it was treated as if Rally's bought Checkers. Part of the merger was that all existing stores would continue to operate as they were, though future advertising would be shared between the two. Checkers started on the east coast of the US while Rally's started on the west coast, which explains the disparity between the two. Source: http://www.qsrmagazine.com/shells/full.phtml?id=2670

A mix tape, as G Byrd put it, is generally a audio cassette with either a variety of music or mixed music recorded on to it. Mixed music refers to the technique of combining elements of two different songs into a single song, thereby "mixing" them. There are actually websites dedicated to mix tapes and CDs, like Art of the Mix.

Valar2006 seems to just be a Guest now, but I would guess it's either a spammer-created account or some new person who discovered this forum.

One of my answers regarding chaos theory before stated: "chaos theory should really be called chaos-from-simplicity theory". This is because chaos theory states that even a rigid system with formal rules (like our universe is thought to be) can result in random-seeming patterns of incredible complexity. For proof of this, try playing a game of Life (the cellular automation game, not the board game). Simple rules can form incredibly complicated results. In this vein, the flap of a butterfly's wing (a simple input) can cause a typhoon (a complex output) simply by changing how the wind blows in a small area, repeated over and over again.
Zornak
Clearly Insane.
Clearly Insane.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:27 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

how does this picture work the way it does? (eye tricks)
http://www.posters.ws/images/973911/mind_warp.jpg
chromus
Pez-Ruler
Pez-Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:56 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems your image went offline, but fortunetly I caught it before it did. Check out the original version.

This illusion only occurs when your eyes are moving around the image, as if you stare at it, all perceived movement stops. The more technical term for this kind of illusion is Peripheral Drift Illusion and it seems to be caused by the change in contrast between small sections in the image and the broken lines that make up each ring. These effects trick the brain, in most cases, into thinking that the object is moving. The creator of the illusion, Akiyoshi Kitaoka, has done some studies into it which are detailed on his website.
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Anything. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 64 of 66

Jump to: