FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Flash

View previous topic :: View next topic
G byrd
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:35 am� �Post subject: Flash Reply with quote

I am using Flash MX 04, and i wanted to know can i zoom up on a picture during a frame or must i make the picture bigger or do i make a new scene?A reply with help would help.[/u]
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:22 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really sure about the ending underline tag, but okay. You can zoom in and zoom out on frames using the Zoom Box. It's a small drop-down list at the very top right of the workplace or the bottom right of the layer/frame editor. Here's a small picture! http://www.thegreatbeyond.net/images/Zoom.JPG.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
G byrd
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:28 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

NVM. but i got another questions in your earlier comics i noticed all of those backgrounds of the characters were a little odd. After realizing that Flash only offers the graphic as squares how did you fix it for later comics?
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:12 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember I fixed it somehow, but I can't actually remember. If I do, I'll let you know, but you might want to try using a different program to get transparencies. I use Fireworks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
G byrd
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:04 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe thats true, I was using Adobe all this time and instead of uploading to the library i would just copy and paste much more quicker
G byrd
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:26 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

OK hold that thought. I am now able to make the transparent bg's of characters from taking it from fireworks. Now i have another problem.... it is not scaling to size i want.
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:48 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that...
G byrd
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:02 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

ok lemme see. I wanted to make a 200% zoom from the original 100% so i took it to paint did all of it and placed it back in adobe. but when i take it to fireworks the whole pictures resolution is different and it is no longer the same size in fireworks or in flash.
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:33 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, firstly, Fireworks works best with .png files. Secondly, Fireworks shouldn't change the resolution of a picture unless the picture is too big, in which case it just shows it smaller, but doesn't change the file itself.
G byrd
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:49 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I got another one I am taking the graphic from the sprite sheet by copy and pasting. and now when i go to export it, It is not coming out like your comics it comes out more blurry, even when i put it to max quality. does the copy and pasting have any thing to do with it or is it something else?
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:14 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, theres a "smoothing" option in Flash that makes sprites look blurred. If you're talking about the picture itself looking blurry, my method is to take the sprite from the sprite sheet, put it in its own file, open it with Fireworks, change it to PNG 8 (because sprites ususally don't have too many colors), set the transparency (if needed), and then just export it over the old file. Try putting the sprite in a .bmp file, saving it, opening it with Fireworks, and then exporting it. Also, if you're copy-pasting into Flash, that's probably not a good idea. You can manage it, but the library will look terrible, though the people who see the .swf won't notice.
G byrd
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:32 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have no buttons how do you transfer the next frame/scene to the main comic menu a gain???
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:23 am� �Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I, as usual, have no idea what you're talking about. Do you mean the final button for each comic that links back to the comic menu?
G byrd
Pez-Priest
Pez-Priest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:58 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah my fault, next time i'll be more clearer in my questions. Yes that is what i mean, is there anyway to link the final scene back to the menu, without the use of buttons?
Pez-Man
Pez-Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:15 pm� �Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, using the function

loadMovieNum("Name.swf", 0);

will load another flash movie. The 0 means that it'll actually replace the current flash movie, since only one movie can occupy a layer. I use that function in my buttons, but you could just have it on the global scale so that it calls the function when it reaches a certain frame.
Post new topic���Reply to topic ���thegreatbeyond Forum Index -> Questions. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: